There are global concerns regarding global warming, which are associated with high levels of greenhouse gas emissions. This has generated talks and research into reducing the demand of electricity generated and use of fossils fuels. The sustainable use of energy resources has to be adapted and energy efficient measures have to be implemented so as contribute to the reduction of the green house emissions. Sustainability is defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations to meet their own needs.
- Follow Renewable Energy Africa on WordPress.com
- Israeli women — and tech — connect African villages to water, electricity
- 10 Renewable Energy Projects Changing Lives In Africa
- Africa Far from Sustainable Energy for All, But Showing Signs of Progress
- Nigeria: Govt urges northern states to utilize solar energy
- A solar-powered soccer pitch in Lagos also uses players’ footfall to keep the lights on